If you have been hiding your smile, postponing going to the dentist or tolerating pain because you’re terrified or too busy, your life is about to change! New and safe oral sedation techniques mean you can have years of dental treatments done quickly, with little or no discomfort. You will not be judged or made to feel uncomfortable about your teeth. We are here to help!
Call us to book a consultation!
Fearful dental patients can choose sedation dentistry
Fearful and embarrassed by your teeth? Once you’ve experienced sedation dentistry (otherwise known as “sleep dentistry”) with Dr. Kesteven, you will be relaxed and confident about receiving future treatment.
You’ll be sedated just enough to be unaware of the treatment as if you were relaxing. You’ll wake up refreshed, with little or no memory of what was accomplished.
Because you are completely comfortable, we can do years of dental treatments in one or two visits. We can replace your silver-mercury fillings, whiten your smile, restore sore gums to good health, fill in gaps and spaces and enhance your smile. People with very busy schedules can get the dental care they need, easily and quickly.
Imagine being able to smile with confidence and chew your food without pain. No wonder so many patients say: “Sedation dentistry changed my life.”
Sedation dentistry information
You are given a small pill to take an hour before your dental appointment. Your companion will accompany you to the office. By the time you arrive, you will be drowsy.
When you arrive in our office, you will be escorted into the comfort room, covered with a thick, warm blanket and placed on a monitor to watch your vital signs. After you are comfortable, Dr. Kesteven and the experienced clinical team at Kesteven Dental Care Studio will take care of your dental needs.
When your treatment is completed, your companion will return you home to finish your comfortable, relaxing day.
The facts of sedation dentistry
- It works! You really can relax through your dental appointment.
- It is Safe! You take a small pill prior to treatment, no intravenous tubes or needles.
- You will have little or no memory of the experience. You will not remember any sounds or smells.
- You can relax for up to five to six hours after taking the pill. The time you are relaxing will vary depending on your needed treatment.
- Complex dental treatments that often require six to eight appointments can be completed in as little as one! All while you relax.
- People who have difficulty getting numb will find that sedation dentistry eliminates this problem.
- Sedation dentistry is a safe way to reduce the fatigue of extended dental treatment requiring long visits.
Answers to questions about sedation dentistry
Will I feel any pain?
Our team diligently cares for you, ensuring your experience will be pain-free and comfortable.
Will I be unconscious?
No, you will be in a deeply relaxed state, and you will be responsive.
Will I be monitored?
Yes, one of our team is always with you, and your vital signs are monitored during the entire visit. You are never alone.
How long will I be relaxing?
Depending on your needs, from two to six hours.
Will someone need to accompany me?
Yes, due to the medication’s sedative effects, you will need someone to drive you to our office and home again.
Candidates for sedation dentistry
People who have:
- high fear
- traumatic dental experiences
- difficulty getting numb
- a bad gag reflex
- a sensitive teeth
- complex dental problems
- limited time to complete dental care
- hate needles and shots
- hate the noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care
- are afraid or embarrassed about their teeth
Request an Appointment
Give us a call at: 604-826-8087